Grade 5-8 Religion and Social Studies / Grade 7 Homeroom
Mr. R. Brian Cherry
Scholastic Book Clubs Classroom Code : L9LNJ (for ordering online at www.scholasticbookclubs.com)
Grade 7 Curriculum Overview
* Story of Jesus, His life, His teachings, His miracles, and His friends and enemies
* Application of the Gospel message to life
* Develop personal and social conscience
* Study process of decision-making
* Importance of virtues
* The Beatitudes in living a good Christian life
* Develop mature, trusting and loyal relationships with peers, parents and other adults
* Develop a strong, realistic concept of self by exploring who they are and who they can become
• Use of the eight strands of social studies to organize, analyze and evaluate situations from history and current world events.
• Continued development of basic geographical and study skills integrated into material.
• Focus on the history and development of the United States from its beginning to1870.
• Evaluate the role of the United States in world events and her relationship to other countries up to 1870.
• Analyze historical and contemporary situations and problems and their impact on the United States and the world.
• Study and understand political, historical, and thematic maps.
Please go to the Curriculum page for brochures for all of the classes.